Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Decorating for Christmas: part 2

It was only after I'd published the post about decorating our Christmas tree that I realized we've decorated our house a bit more than last year. We don't have a wreath or anything like that (although I'm now wishing we had - maybe something for next year?), but we have a lot of lights.

I wanted to take advantage of the old doorway between our living room and our sort of study area by addings lights to the molding. This is actually something I wanted to do last year, too, but I never got around to buying an extra string of lights. We did now, though, so we just draped the lights over the corners and called it good.


 Never mind the mess. ^^


By the way, as you can see, the crib is already out. It has been for months actually, but I keep forgetting to post about it. I definitely will this week!

We also bought two strings of tiny LED lights to arrange on the table at our wedding last year. After seeing this post, I decided I wanted to do the same thing.


As you can see I haven't painted the lid yet (I will next year) but I think it looks okay for now.
 
Then I had one string of lights left, so after careful consideration (ahum!) I put it on top of our piano.
 
 
Is it obvious I love Christmas lights?
 
Oh, and I almost forgot to show you a picture of the sparkly deer I got a while ago.
 
 
B-E-A-uuuutiful!

No comments :

Post a Comment