Sunday, August 25, 2013

Week 18

Week 18, or how I'm getting bigger and bigger!
Thursday night (so actually Friday morning) at around 1.10 am I felt the baby move for the first time! I was in bed, waiting to fall asleep, when all of a sudden I felt something weird a few centimeters to the right below my belly button. It was like a tiny little ball poking the inside of my belly ever so slowly, ever so gently. I immediately knew it was the baby. Since then I've felt it a couple of times every day, always when I'm lying down in bed or on the couch. Last night was really special because I felt the baby poke me, so I randomly poked my stomach in the exact same place and, what do you know, the baby poked back! This happened 2 or 3 times in a row. Interacting with the baby like this for the first time was so so strange, yet so precious. Klaas is a little bummed that he can't feel the movements yet, but I guess that's my prerogative as the mommy! I do notice him touching my belly several times a day now, which is something he didn't do before the baby started moving around. I love him acknowledging me being pregnant like this.
 
We've also started a baby registry this week, but there's really not that much to say about that. There's not a lot on the list yet and we really need to get informed about a lot of items before we can add more things.

No comments :

Post a Comment