Saturday, December 29, 2012

We got back from our honeymoon to New York City yesterday...

... and we're SO jetlagged. We went to bed at 1.30 am yesterday. Not because we were tired, no no, just because we realized it really was time to go to sleep. We slept until 1.30 pm.

I'll post a blog about it once I've gone through all of our photographs. Klaas made a ton of pictures, while I instagrammed for the people back home. Now I need to find a way to incorporate both the IG photos and the camera photos into one post. Any suggestions?

Klaas and I got this Christmas ornament in New York. It's incredibly tacky, but I actually really like it. I love that every year from now on, we'll be decorating our Christmas tree using this ornament and thinking back to how we went on our honeymoon around the same time years earlier.

 
My best friend Sofie also went to New York with her boyfriend and his parents. They arrived 2 days later than Klaas and I, so of course we had to see each other. We met at the Christmas tree in Bryant Park. It had started snowing just minutes earlier. The first thing she did was blurt out that her boyfriend had asked her to marry him earlier that day. I was SO psyched. FINALLY. I'd been waiting for that moment for about as long as I waited for Klaas and I to finally get engaged. So anyway, Sofie is going to be a briiiide! And I'm going to be a maid of honor! She gave me this ornament when she asked me.
 
 
When Klaas and I got married, I thought it was such a cool idea to ask Sofie to give a speech at our wedding. What I didn't realize at the time was that she'd probably make me return the favor. I'm scared already!
 
When we got home, Klaas got homesick (for New York), so he put on his Empire State Building sweater that he bought there and just sat on our couch.
 
 
Poor Klaas. He's feeling better already though.
 
One more thing: the day before we left for New York City, I had a cookie club meeting! It was our second and once again it was SO much fun. Twice a year the six of us get together to eat, drink, exchange cookies, tell stories and just have fun. I really needed this, because once you're out of school and start working, it's so difficult to stay in touch with your friends. By having two fixed dates a year, we always know when we'll see each other again. It's something we all look forward to every time.
 
 
The Quality Street tins are mine. I bought six and made Klaas eat them all, so I could fill them with cookies for our cookie club. I made ranger cookies, but I didn't have time to take any pictures. This recipe is my mom's favorite so far.
 

2 comments :

  1. I thought I was your best friend? HAHAHA :) Leuke ornaments. En lekkere koekjes. Oh ja ik heb er bij ons thuis van geproefd ;) Ik kijk nu al uit naar uw speech :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zucht. Jij bent mijn tweede beste vriend.

      En haha, ik heb mijn koekjes ook meegegeven aan mijn ouders toen we naar NY vertrokken zijn, want anders zouden ze slecht geworden zijn. Glad you liked them! Maar ze waren wel veel te hard gebakken. I promise I'll do better next time. :)

      Delete